Monday, December 11, 2006

Holland Village

Holland Village? Are we in Holland? Well, no...this is Singapore's Holland Village where you can find a good mix of old and new, such as traditional coffee shops and a wet market amidst ritzy wine bars and fine dining restaurants. It's a popular venue for young Singaporeans as well as expatriates and it's often called Holland V. It's distinctive windmill was newly added (can't remember when) at the top of a building to create a "Holland flavor".

Apart from all the supermarkets, banks, pharmacies, you can find interesting craft stores, exotic furniture stores, art galleries and tons of magazines stands, where local and international publications can be found!




Here's the wet market on the left and on the right, a good range of old shophouses with spas, cafes, convenience store (7-Eleven), restaurants, bars, etc.



Back lanes of some of the restaurants and shops



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, that's funny. I was browsing through Xing looking for people interested in forex (yeah, I'm in the same program as you as well as an other rewarding forex progam) when I ran into our profile. Your profile lead me to your blog and now I see a picture of a windmill in Singapore! Being from Holland myself this is somewhat odd to see, but nice though! I didn't know our windmills were so populair in Singapore :-)

Rembo