Sunday, February 04, 2007

Victoria Street Whole Sale Market

I've never been to the Victoria Street Whole Sale Market in my entire life and after XX (can't disclose my age...) number of years living in Singapore, I finally visited the place. Since Chinese New Year is round the corner, thought it would be good to be a little bit more traditional and go to places where it's usually very busy when the festivity is round the corner. I didn't expect myself to visit the place, so I didn't bring my little camera with me....*sigh*....what a pity!

Anyway, I chance upon this nice red packet and it's cheap! A pack of "I-don't-know-how-many-are-there" is only one singapore dollar! Anyway, instead of using the normal red packets from banks, supermarkets, etc, I think it would be really fun to use these traditional looking ones.


And check this out, this coffee cup and saucer is really the traditional way of taking your coffee in the past. Of course, these are just replicas and the flower design is slightly different from the original ones. Oh boy, but how I wish I can brew the same type of coffee like the local coffee shops instead of using the normal 3-in-1 Nescafe coffee!


No comments: